Today is the day! Immediate Action Needed for North Carolina’s HB 522 Foreign Laws/Protect Constitutional Right!
ACTION NEEDED THIS MORNING AND THROUGHOUT THE DAY!!! We need as many people as possible to e-mail and call the Speaker to get this put on the calendar for a vote today or tomorrow (there is enough space on today’s; it can easily be added). THIS BILL WILL SIT FOR MONTHS IF WE CANNOT HELP GET IT ON THE CALENDAR THIS WEEK. This will take all of five minutes for you to do.
We need to do all we can to insure that constitutional rights legislation is maintained in North Carolina!
Please do the following things today (in an encouraging tone):
1) Call Speaker Tillis at 919-733-3451 and tell his office we want HB 522 added to today’s calendar or at least place it on tomorrow’s calendar.
2) E-mail Speaker Tillis at Thom.Tillis@ncleg.net and ask him to add this to today’s calendar, or at least place it on tomorrow’s calendar.
3) Contact the House Republicans and encourage them to encourage the Speaker to put this bill on the calendar and let the Speaker know they are ready to pass this bill. Here are the e-mail addresses for every Republican in the NC House:
Julia.Howard@ncleg.net, Edgar.Starnes@ncleg.net, Mitchell.Setzer@ncleg.net, Roger.West@ncleg.net, Linda.Johnson2@ncleg.net, Paul.Stam@ncleg.net, Tim.Moore@ncleg.net, James.Langdon@ncleg.net, Nelson.Dollar@ncleg.net, Pat.Hurley@ncleg.net, Ruth.Samuelson@ncleg.net, Pat.McElraft@ncleg.net, Hugh.Blackwell@ncleg.net, Jamie.Boles@ncleg.net, Sarah.Stevens@ncleg.net, Frank.Iler@ncleg.net, John.Faircloth@ncleg.net, Chuck.McGrady@ncleg.net, John.Torbett@ncleg.net, Bill.Brawley@ncleg.net, Jeff.Collins@ncleg.net , Jimmy.Dixon@ncleg.net, Mike.Hager@ncleg.net, Kelly.Hastings@ncleg.net, Bert.Jones@ncleg.net, Jonathan.Jordan@ncleg.net, Tim.Moffitt@ncleg.net, Tom.Murry@ncleg.net, Michael.Stone@ncleg.net, Harry.Warren@ncleg.net, Jason.Saine@ncleg.net, Allen.McNeill@ncleg.net, Ted.Davis@ncleg.net, Chris.Millis@ncleg.net, Dean.Arp@ncleg.net, Jeffrey.Elmore@ncleg.net, Carl.Ford@ncleg.net, Jon.Hardister@ncleg.net, Jacqueline.Schaffer@ncleg.net, Chris.Malone@ncleg.net, Jim.Fulghum@ncleg.net, Nathan.Ramsey@ncleg.net, Brian.Brown@ncleg.net, Rena.Turner@ncleg.net, Chris.Whitmire@ncleg.net, John.Bell@ncleg.net, John.Szoka@ncleg.net, Mark.Brody@ncleg.net, Dennis.Riddell@ncleg.net, Bob.Steinburg@ncleg.net, Susan.Martin@ncleg.net, Michele.Presnell@ncleg.net, Michael.Speciale@ncleg.net, Debra.Conrad@ncleg.net, Josh.Dobson@ncleg.net, Roger.Younts@ncleg.net
The provision does the following:
- HB 522 follows legislation that is proven in other states. It protects our constitutional rights, especially those of women and minorities, reinforces the constitutional basis on which our free enterprise system was founded, and honors the order of law as made and defined in accordance with our U.S. & State constitutions and not that of foreign lands.
- HB 522 recognizes the United States Constitution and the Constitution of North Carolina as the supreme law of the state and declares the public policy of North Carolina is to protect its citizens from the application of foreign law that would violate a fundamental constitutional right of a natural person within the context of family law as defined by Chapter 50 and 50-A of the North Carolina General Statue.
- This includes protection of freedom of speech and expression, due process, equal protection, and other constitutional rights that are fundamental in American legal tradition and the basis of our free market economy.
Share this article:
Please make those calls and e-mails now! Then, pass this e-mail on to fellow North Carolinian friends and family to take action.
Pray: Pray that God will grant wisdom to the NC General Assembly to pass into law this important bill protecting citizens’ constitutional rights based on American laws not foreign laws.
Your prayers and actions will make a difference for the principles of freedom ensuring that constitutional rights legislation is maintained in North Carolina, “the shining light on the hill” (Matthew 5:14).
Serving God, Family, and Country!
CWA of North Carolina
email@example.comPublication Date: 7/24/2013
Concerned Women for America
1015 Fifteenth St. N.W., Suite 1100
Washington, D.C. 20005
Phone: (202) 488-7000
Fax: (202) 488-0806