Resources and action items for the new AP (anti)U.S. History Curriculum Framework
Without state pushback, this new APUSH Curriculum Framework will go into effect this fall (2014). Without state pushback, APUSH teachers may have to ignore their own state’s U.S. History standards if they hope to prepare their students for success on the new APUSH exam – which will NOT cover material outside the new Framework.
We are not taking a “wait and see” approach while the College Board puts out e-mails and posts FAQs. Educate yourself and others on the new Framework and then take action by completing the action items listed below the document and web articles.
(Georgians: Click here for state specific information and action items.)
The Republican National Committee passed a resolution on August 8, 2014 opposing the APUSH Curriculum Framework.
The College Board responds to the groundswell of opposition to the new Framework.
- Texas is ‘Nation’s Last Best Chance’ to Block APUSH, Say Experts – Response to the College Board’s most recent defense of the new APUSH Framework. September 11, 2014
- A note from David Coleman about the AP U.S. History course
- Our Response to David Coleman’s E-mail
- Rebuttal to the College Board’s New List of Frequently Asked Questions
- AP U.S. History Sample Exam (this was the “secret exam” released by the College Board)
- APUSH PowerPoint presentation by Jane Robbins
- Georgia APUSH Resolution (Sample resolution that can be adapted for your state)
- Rebuttal to College Board Talking Points on the New AP U.S. History (APUSH) Framework and Exam
- The Redesigned College Board AP U.S. History Framework- 10 Key Questions and Answers- Larry Kreiger
- New AP United States History Course and Exam Description (College Board document)
- Analysis of the College Board AP U.S. History Framework (A Review of Advanced Placement Policy Documents by Larry Krieger)
- NEW! Texas State Board of Education passes anti-APUSH resolution! September 22, 2014
- Exam erases U.S. exceptionalism: Opposing view, Jane Robbins, USA Today, September 22, 2014
- Five Reasons The College Board’s U.S. History Talking Points Are Wrong, Larry Krieger and Jane Robbins, September 17, 2014
- TEKS and APUSH Are Like Oil and Water, They Do Not Mix, Jane Robbins and Larry Krieger, September 15, 2014
- Is the AP US History Exam Changing Because of Common Core?, September 12, 2014
- Why the College Board Demoted the Founders, Stanley Kurtz, September 9, 2014
- The College Board Cronyism Behind The New Progressive AP U.S. History Curriculum, Emmett McGroarty and Jane Robbins, September 5, 2014
- Why Does the College Board Hate George Washington and MLK?, Larry Krieger, September 3, 2014
- NYT: Yeah, the New AP U.S. History Curriculum Is Biased. So What?, September 2, 2014, Breitbart.com
- Madison Scholar Condemns AP U.S. History Redesign, Stanley Kurtz, September 2, 2014
- Appalling APUSH: Read It Yourself, Stanley Kurtz, August 30, 2014
- The College Board: marching the U.S. to the left one history lesson at a time, August 30, 2014
- The Left’s Attempt to Institutionalize the Re-writing of US History: A New Step Forward Through their “Long March Through the Existing Institutions”, Ron Radosh (conservative historian with great credibility on the left), August 30, 2014
- College Board Still Hiding Behind Its Revisionist American History, Larry Kreiger, August 29, 2014
- New College-Prep History Framework Remains Under Fire As Biased, Negligent, August 28, 2014
- L.A. Times Defends the College Board on AP U.S. History, Stanley Kurtz, August 27, 2014
- How the College Board Politicized U.S. History, Stanley Kurtz, National Review, August 25, 2014
- Why Conservatives Are Up in Arms at the College Board’s Advanced Placement Course in History, Peter Wood, August 25, 2014
- 29 Biased Statements In the AP U.S. History Redesign by Larry Krieger, Heartland Institute, August 19, 2014
- College Board Erases the Founding Fathers. Protect the Spirit of ’76., American Thinker, August 16, 2014
- What’s Driving Conservatives Mad About the New AP History Course, Newsweek, August 14, 2014
- The Brightest American Kids Are Still Set To Learn Anti-American History by Joy Pullman, August 13, 2014
- Republican National Committee Condemns New AP History Framework, Education Week, August 11, 2014
- The New AP History: A Preliminary Report by Peter Wood (National Scholars Association). The article provides a detailed look at the history of the College Board and the new APUSH Framework.
- Historic fail? Greatest Americans missing from proposed curriculum, Fox News
- U.S. history takes drastic left turn this fall – AP course ‘rewrites America’s past, cuts out Founding Fathers’
- College Board’s ‘Flexibility Doctrine’ in AP U.S. History Exam for Optics Only, 7-22-14, Robbins and Krieger
- KEENE: Editing out an enlightened history of America- Liberal scholars indoctrinate students with a view of a nation built on dark motives, July 16, 2014, Washington Times
- TX Board of Ed Member: “This is Our Valley Forge, Our D-day”, Texas SBOE member Ken Mercer is leading the charge to get the Texas SBOE to adopt a resolution demanding that the College Board delay the rollout of the new AP U.S. History Framework.
- Common Core Architect David Coleman’s Next Deception: The New AP U.S. History Exam, Dr. Susan Berry, Breitbart
- Jane Robbins with CBS’ Dick Morris on History Test Changes (great audio interview)
- Op-Ed: The ‘Stealthy’ Plan to Infuse HS American History with ‘Sharply Left-Leaning Curriculum’ — and Its Common Core Connection, The Blaze
- New War Over High School U.S. History, Stanley Kurtz
- The College Board’s Attack on American History, Robbins and Krieger
- New Advanced Placement Framework Distorts America’s History, Robbins and Krieger
- Yes, the New AP Framework Does Distort U.S. History (response to the College Board’s defense against the preceding article)
- Ronald Reagan and the Cold War, Jane Robbins
- D’Souza’s America and Our Schools, Stanley Kurtz
- The New A.P. U.S. History Exam: Providing Opportunities for Indoctrination, Mary Grabar
- Look What the College Board Has Done to U.S. History (Peter Wood)
- Update on AP U.S. History, Peter Wood, National Association of Scholars
- Why College Board Is Revising U.S. History, Joy Pullman, Heartland Institute
Action Item #1: Listen to the archive of the APUSH conference call recorded August 4, 2014.
Instructions: Call the number below and then enter the access code and reference number.
Playback number: 530-881-1099
Access Code: 632867#
Reference number: 1#
Click here to listen in MP3 format.
- Larry Krieger- Teacher of SAT classes for over 20 years and AP classes for over 35 years, specializing in AP U. S. History (APUSH).
- Ken Mercer, Texas State Board of Education (SBOE) member who has been working aggressively to delay the rollout of the new APUSH Framework.
- Jane Robbins- Attorney and a senior fellow with the American Principles Project in Washington, D.C.
Click here for full bio of panelists.
Action Item #2: Sign the Open Letter to David Coleman
Click here to sign the the letter.
Action Item #3: Contact The College Board and express your concerns about APUSH.
Click here for The College Board contact information.
Action Item #4: Download the Suggestion Action Items document and start making an impact in your state!
Action #6: Sign up to receive APUSH alerts. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and specify APUSH Alerts in subject line.
Action Item #7: Educate yourself and others on the APUSH issue. See documents and web articles above.