For a donation of $10 or more, we will send you the Stop the National Common Core Power Grab: Reclaim Local Control of Education video on DVD. Order today and share with a friend! See cost list below for 6 or more DVDs.
Click here to pay by credit card.
Important! Please indicate in the comment field that you are requesting the DVD and also the number you desire to order.
Please allow up to 3-4 weeks for delivery.
If you would like the DVD(s) shipped immediately, please forward the auto-receipt received when you made your donation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the number of DVDs needed with your forwarded email.
If you wish to pay by check, please make the check payable to CWA of Georgia and mail to:
CWA of Georgia
P.O. Box 671374
Marietta, GA 30066
Cost list for DVD:
0-5: $10 each
6-10: $9 each
11-15: $8 each plus $5.50 shipping and handling
16-20: $7 each plus $5.50 shipping and handling
21-25: $6 each plus $5.50 shipping and handling
26-50: $5 each plus $11.00 shipping and handling
51-75: $4 each plus $13 shipping and handling
75-100: $3 each plus $13 shipping and handling
101-150: $2.50 each plus $13 shipping and handling
151-200: $2.25 plus $15 shipping and handling
201-300: $2.00 plus $18 shipping and handling
301 above- $2.00 plus shipping and handling (depending on total)
View the just released DVD video: Stop the National Common Core Power Grab: Reclaim Local Control of Education.
CWA of Georgia is helping lead the fight to stop the Common Core in Georgia. In partnership with the American Principles Project and several key education experts, CWA of Georgia is working to educate parents, school board members, hard-working taxpayers, and our state legislators on the threats imposed by the Common Core.
About the video:
- Explains the origin of the Common Core – its genesis with private, progressive education interests in Washington, DC – and how the federal government imposed it on the states by tying its adoption to a chance at Race to the Top grants.
- Demonstrates that by adopting the Common Core, a state relinquishes its control over what is taught in its schools and paves the way for a national curriculum designed by unaccountable entities in Washington.
- Explains that the standards not only lack “rigor,” but in fact will diminish the education our children receive in English language arts and mathematics.
- Outlines the problems with the national tests that are being designed – behind closed doors – to align with the Common Core.
- Shows why the costs of implementing the Common Core will dwarf any federal grants received as a reward for adopting the standards.
- Reveals the federal dictates to build massive student-data systems so that students can be individually tracked from preschool through career – all in the name of producing “workers” who can “compete in the global economy.”
Simply put, the Common Core is designed to replace local and parental control over education with centralized, top-down control. The purpose is to train students for jobs, not educate them to be full, thoughtful citizens in our democratic republic. If we do not take action now to prevent this destructive experiment on our children, it will be too late.
Click here to watch this video. Be sure to share it with others